Wednesday 25 June 2014

Irish Jigs


Today I made a discovery; one that was only made possible by a fortunate combination of furniture arrangements and an apathetic attitude towards cleaning. I discovered that it is impossible not to do an Irish jig when standing on a bed hanging curtains whilst listening to ‘Rant’ by Mary McDonald. I suspect that it would be difficult not to jig anywhere to this particular tune, but the bounciness of the bed and the dangerous lean necessitated by the fact that the curtain rail was just out of reach added to the tempo of the jig. I had to stand on the bed as it was just close enough to the window for me to reach the rail to hang the freshly laundered curtains (this is the only time I think they have ever been freshly laundered, and only occurred due to a previous lack of freshness about them). And once I was there, the jig started entirely of its own accord, during which I contemplated that it was only my laundry particulars and the bedroom feng shui that would ever have resulted in this bizarre and wonderful discovery.

1 comment:

  1. Great blog Nick...brilliant bullshit. Hope all's well with you. Will be looking up you up to go birding next time I'm in the UK. Take care mate.

    ReplyDelete