Sunday 29 June 2014

Hair today...

I suspect most men will go through a period of wondering whether facial hair suits them or in fact makes them look like a badger. In the past, when I have wondered this, I have allowed my childish stubble to proliferate during November so that most people assume I am doing something for charity rather than completing my own personal experiment in itchiness. Since I don’t get much growth down my cheeks, I always end up with a goatee, which suggests I’m trying to look ‘cool’ or ‘mature’, neither of which are accusations that are frequently levelled at me. Or I get patchy areas that looks like a child has stuck small pieces of felt to my cheeks, a bit like this:


I find it bizarre that I don’t get much growth on my face since my eyebrows have never needed any encouragement. It’s like having a pair of liquorice allsorts permanently glued to my forehead. And worse still, I have one super-long eyebrow hair. It has twice the virility of any of its neighbouring hairs, and shoots forth with remarkable velocity. At the hairdressers recently I was asked if I wanted my eyebrows trimmed, which was a first for me and seemed to be a leading question since they presumably don’t ask people who don’t need a trim?! Undeniably it creating a neat effect and levelled the playing field again by keeping my super-hair in check. My main concern now is if and when I will be asked if I want my nostrils trimmed too!

No comments:

Post a Comment